Monday, March 3, 2008

Tommy Crasher's Airplane

Eastbound

Since I’ve been sick the last few days I spent most of the weekend inside and in bed. We saw a couple of movies that were on TV (Tommy Boy, Airplane, some other movie with Chris Farley where his brother is running for political office or something like that (we never saw the end of that one), Wedding Crashers, etc.) and pretty much went through about a case of tissues.

Tommy Boy is a classic. There must have been some law passed that makes sure Tommy Boy is played a few times a week. I swear it’s always on, but it’s such a great movie that you don’t mind it. Chris Farley is hilarious.

Airplane was a movie that I have always liked and Julie doesn’t much care for. Perhaps that’s the kind of movie that women typically don’t like and men do. Kinda like the rock band Rush – I think I might have met one woman in my life who likes them. But, I digress. Or do I?

Wedding Crashers is also a great movie. Vince Vaughn cracks me up and what’s-her-face that plays his crazy girlfriend is a riot as well. Excellent movie.

Did any of you watch OBGYN? You know - Oprah’s Big Give yesterday night? I thought it was OK. I guess I understand the premise of the show – helping those in need – but I’m not sure they really figure out what would best serve the people they’re trying to help. Money isn’t always the answer. As the saying goes – Give a man a fish and he eats for a day; teach him how to fish and he eats forever. Or, for as long as he has bait.

I think I’m on the egg-wheeled bus again. Oh, and the couple is back. Who is the couple? See my previous post. They’ve been riding this same bus with me quite a bit lately, always in the last row. Today there is a lot of talking going on, although I can’t make out (no pun intended) what they’re saying. It’s a quiet bus with much sleeping. The windows slowly frost up as we make our way towards downtown. Don’t lick the windows – trust me.

For J-Flo – the lyric of the day: “Act your age, not your shoe size.” – “Kiss”, Prince

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that'a a good one. Thanks for keeping up the "lyric of the day". What else am I supposed to "get" from the blog? hee hee.

So, is Prince saying that I should act 35 instead of 7.5? hmmmm....maybe Chuckles should hear that line...and obey it. :-)