Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Scratchy and the Boy

I think I really like riding the bus and taking some time to write my blog posts. However, you may disagree if posts like this one and the one from yesterday are any indication about what to expect. You may soon be asking for me to start driving to work again.

So I was talking to my mother the other day and she told me that single men need to watch out because it’s a leap year. Confused, I asked what she was talking about. She goes on to inform me that during a leap year (or, perhaps, on Feb 29th only, I’m not sure on the exact ruling) a woman can propose to a man. She was surprised that I never heard that before. Are any of you aware of such a wrinkle in the relationship cosmos?

Guy with dog on lake.

Ok, so the bus is only about a ¼ full, if that. I’m near the back of the bus, but I noticed right before I sat down that there was a couple about my age sitting at the very back. I didn’t think much of it at the time but they are being very quiet back there. What’s up do you suppose???

Remember the TV show “Family Ties”? When I was off work and between jobs the cast of “Family Ties” was on the “Today Show” for a 20th or 25th anniversary special deal thingy. Anyway, do you remember how at the end of every episode they showed a picture of a black dog with a Frisbee its mouth, with a voice saying “Sit, ____, sit! Good dog!”? What was the dog’s name? Or what did you THINK the dog’s name was? I found out that day that the I’ve had the dog’s name wrong all this time.

Although, I guess I shouldn’t assume anything. No one really talks on the bus, especially in the morning. Maybe they’re just sleeping.

It’s good to be the king.

Birds on a wire, aren’t their feet on fire?

Speaking of sleeping… Have you seen the Sandra Bullock movie “While You Were Sleeping”? I thought it was a typical Sandra Bullock film. Cute, not too deep, wasn’t a waste of money. Not Oscar-worthy, but not a stinker either.

OK, they’re talking to each other now, 15 minutes into the trip.

The cat’s in the cradle, Scratchy is its name
Baby coughs and sneezes, Scratchy is to blame
Allergic to the feline, baby not too happy
Mommy must remove the cat, better make it snappy.
© Copyright, Patrick Gibson, 2008

What’s that? No, it’s not that hard to type on the bus.

I read a great column today by John Stossel (you know, the 20/20 guy) and it was about gun control. It seems logical to me. Click here to read it.

“Sit, Ubu, sit! Good dog!”

2 comments:

Bryon said...

Man you are one crazy dude!! I thought the dogs name was BooBoo or however you spell it. Like Boo Boo in Yogi and Boo-boo.

Keep the random thoughts coming. Is Chuck ever going to be on the bus or in the skyways?

Anonymous said...

ubu...yep...that's what they said....who wouldn't know that???

yes, you should drive to work. really random, dude. :-)
j-flo