Friday, March 7, 2008

I'm Done With Sergio

Eastbound

No Police song this morning when the alarm went off.

I like Fridays, and I don’t mean the restaurant. Well, I DO like Friday’s the restaurant but that’s not what I’m talking about here. I mean Fridays as in the day of the week, the day after Thursday, the day before the best day of the week – Saturday.

How weird would it be if the weekend wasn’t Saturday and Sunday but Tuesday and Wednesday or Wednesday and Thursday? Would your wall calendar still have Sunday in the first box and Saturday in the last one? Would the weekend then not be the weekend because your days off would be in the middle of the “week”? Or would the week on your wall calendar have Wednesday in the first box and Tuesday in the last box? Interesting.

Hot Pockets!

So, I was in a meeting with this woman at work yesterday and she was telling me about the excitement she had the day before. Apparently she was trying to set up a conference call for a meeting and the room was a video conference room so it had this fancy touch screen setup for dialing the phone and what not. She started to dial the phone and hit 9 for an outside line and then 1 to start the phone number but she couldn’t remember the rest of it. While looking in her notes for the phone number she kept her finger perched over the screen and was apparently hovering around the 1 and didn’t immediately realize she had pressed it a second time. When she went to type in the rest of the number she saw that she had pressed 911 but figured “After I got the outside line I just hit 11 so it didn’t call anybody.” Wrong. It went to the security desk and when they tried to call her back the phone was busy because she had started to dial the number for the conference call. Two minutes later there is a loud knock on the door and in come two security guards with a first aid kit and a defibrillator. Needless to say she was embarrassed. Too funny.

Westbound

A lady on the bus has now moved to her third different seat. I’m not sure what the issue was with the first two but perhaps she has found her home for the next 20 minutes. She’s blonde – maybe she things she’s Goldilocks and the first seat was too hard and the second seat was too soft, but the third seat is JUUUUUST RIIIIGHT.

I’m not on my usual bus this afternoon. Cyndi, our driver, has just informed us that we’re about 3 minutes behind schedule but that she’ll make it up on the highway. Ten seconds later she came back on and said “Don’t worry. I’m not going to speed.”

So, this weekend we move the clocks ahead one hour. I’ll like having that extra hour of daylight at night but I’m not going to like it being dark still when I get to work in the morning. It’s going to feel like December all over again. Plus, I don’t like losing that hour of sleep.

We got us some traffic.

John loves to play on his cello,
Songs that will make him mellow,
But it’s eating his lime green Jell-o,
That makes John a happy fellow.

Lyric of the day: “Have you seen my wig around?” – “Jane Says”, Jane’s Addiction

No comments: