Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Weirdly White and Nerdy

Eastbound

We’re having this American Idol challenge at work where we have to pick the bottom three vote-getters each week along with who we think will be voted off. Since Tuesday nights are usually spin I’m not able to watch the shows, so I’ve retained the counsel of my friend J-Flo to help me with my picks. Thanks, J-Flo!

They say it’s your birthday. It’s my birthday, too, yeah!

Julie was saying she heard possibly 4-8” of snow on Friday. Or this weekend. Or sometime in the next few days – I don’t remember. What’s up with that? Where was this back in January when it SHOULD have been snowing? Although, I’m not so sure why I’m getting upset about it, the weather folks are wrong 90% of the time anyway.

Calvin and Hobbes is such a great cartoon. That and Far Side. Funny stuff right there, let me tell ya’!

“Pizza… burgers… San DiegoDetroit Tigers… the Buckeyes… peanut butter and jelly…” “Uhhhh… THINGS PAT LIKES!!!” “Correct!”

If you haven’t seen the YouTube video of Weird Al’s song “White and Nerdy” you HAVE to watch it. Hilarious! Click here to see it.

Lyric of the day: “Sweeter than cotton candy / Stronger than papa’s old brandy / Always that needed smile / Once in a while she would break down and cry” – “Sadie”, Spinners (Editor’s note: “Sadie” is a great song. If you haven’t had the pleasure of hearing it you should definitely look it up.)

Bonus lyric (also from “Sadie”): “If there’s a heaven up above / I know she’s teaching angels how to love”

No comments: