Monday, March 10, 2008

Icicle Works

Westbound

It was a good weekend. On Saturday morning we had our Breakfast of Champions for the current TNT participants where we paid tribute to our honorees. The coaches and mentors made pancakes and sausage for everyone and we had a couple of speakers come in and talk about the progress that’s being made with the money we’re raising. It was a great event and I got to help make the pancakes. Well, I just poured the batter on the griddle, life ain’t nuthin’ but a funny, funny riddle.

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

It’s nice to see that we’ll be warming up over the next couple of days. We had a couple of huge icicles hanging off the back of the house that I had to knock down yesterday. If I hadn’t I’m sure they would have fallen on their own and possibly broken our patio door window. They were HUGE I tell you, HUGE! Of course, I had to do it when Julie wasn’t home so that she wouldn’t yell at me for climbing up on the ladder. She wasn’t too pleased with me.

According to the billboard Kemps Plus is smart milk for smart kids. Good thing that wasn’t around when I was a kid – I would hate for my mom to have to try and explain to me why we’d never buy it. We’d be getting the Kemps Unique milk.

A majority of the people, if they are by themselves, will sit in the seat by the window. I tend to go back and forth, mostly depending on if I’m cold or not. If I’m cold I’ll sit by the window. “But Pat,” you say, “Isn’t it colder next to the window?” No, it’s not. The heat comes out by the window. And the sun is by the window. Both will make Pat hot. I think I should do an entire blog post in 3rd person. Pat thinks that will be neat.

Red Rover, Red Rover send Georgie on over!

I wonder what it was like to listen to Howard Cosell do the Monday Night Football games. I never got the opportunity. I wonder if he was still alive if he’d have his own video game like John Madden does. Let’s ponder that for a moment….

There are some serious issues I should bring up, but I think I’ll need to do that in a weekly “serious” post. If I mix it in with this random nothingness it will get lost and overlooked.

Bands that also go by initials, or sometimes do. How many do you know? CCR, CSN, CSN&Y, DMB, NIN, ELO, STP, AWB, BTO, BOC, BST, EW&F, GNR, ICP, LRB, OMD, RHCP.

Lyric of the day: “Check out guitar George, he knows all the chords, but he’s strictly rhythm he doesn’t want to make it cry or sing” – “Sultans of Swing”, Dire Straits

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You forgot BNL = Bare Naked Ladies!