Thursday, February 15, 2007

Jump Jump

Not much new to say today, sitting here staring at a blinking cursor. Guess today's post will be just random thoughts....

We have two dogs, Molson and Gracie. Molson is a Golden Retriever (named after the beer Molson Golden, of course) and Gracie is a black lab/collie mix. They both are fixated on eating ice when we let them out. It gets annoying when you're waiting for them to do their business. I just don't get what the big draw is.

Seven out of ten people make up 70% of the world's population.

Found out that you can download books on tape from the library website and listen to them on your mp3 player. That's pretty cool. Never listened to a book on tape, or cd, or whatever. I have many books that I've purchased over the years that I haven't read yet. Julie is much better at reading than I am, although neither of us have had the time lately to do it.

Love IKEA. And whoever makes the Target commercials does a great job. I'm always impressed with them. Still get really annoyed with the Menard's commercials.

Sex is the number one cause of teenage pregnancy.

There have been a lot of coyote sightings around work lately. Our marketing department got quite a few shots of one a couple weeks ago, about 20 feet from our building laying by a tree. Is it Ki-Ote or Ki-O-Tee? Poh-tay-toe or poh-tah-toe? Is it "the girl with kaleidoscope eyes" or "the girl with colitis goes by"?

Wasn't it Kriss Kross that wore their clothes backwards? I may do that one day. Maybe on a Tuesday. I'll do it on a Tuesday with Morrie.

Prefer Letterman to Leno. Some say Letterman's gotten soft. I don't know about that, but his hair is thinning.

So Bruce Willis and Demi Moore have a kid named Rumor? I guess one of their other kids asked where the remote for the TV was and Demi said "Rumor has it."

Speaking of rumors, I guess Prince has changed a lot of the lyrics in some if his songs that were, shall we say, a tad bit naughty. I guess he's replaced the words with more religious lyrics. It may be a lost cause - I think he's naughty by nature.

Not that I dislike Leno, mind you. Some of Leno's skits are funnier, but I just like Dave better. Julie can't stand Paul Shafer. I like Paul - he's kind of goofy. I think we have a lot in common, and not just the goofiness. Like myself, Paul has a mother. He also was instrumental (HA! Get it?!) in Cyndi Lauper's "She's So Unusual" album. He almost has as much rhythm as Justin Timberlake, almost.

If you're not yet married, will you play "The Hokie Pokie" at your reception? After all, it IS what it's all about.

One of our mentors with TNT is thinking of doing a fundraiser where you make a donation and get to pick which part of his body is waxed. Not kidding. Just gives me visions of "The 40 Year-Old Virgin", and one of the funniest scenes ever put on film.

By the way, I think it's "Ky-Ote".

No comments: