Monday, February 19, 2007

Heading Home

After a long, courageous battle with cancer Laura Jahnke passed away this evening in her home surrounded by her loved ones. She was a beautiful, strong, caring woman who never let the cancer diminish her spirit or faith. She was an inspiration to all who knew her and followed her and will be deeply missed. Please continue to pray for Laura's family and friends as they go through these difficult times.

One of the many people touched by Laura reminded us of a post that Laura herself made in early 2006. I remember first reading this post and was touched and humbled. I've pasted it below.

"I am trusting in the Lord through all of this. He is always by my side and I know he has some amazing plan for my life. He has always been able to turn this bad for good, and I know it will happen again. So many amazing things have come out of the past 4 1/2 years, no matter how hard they were, every moment was worth it. I have been so blessed with the people I have met and things I've had the opportunity and the people whose lives I've touched. I look forward to what lies ahead because I truly believe that you can be joyful through every circumstance. I know there will be hard times, but the good always outweighs the bad...and I will focus on the good times. When I look back on my life, I honestly have a hard time remembering the bad. I remember snow days rather [than] chemistry tests...friends rather than enemies...and laughter rather than tears. It is much more fun to go through life looking at it with a glass that is half-full. So, that's what I'll do and I'll keep fighting with a smile on my face!"

Laura, you were amazing and beautiful. May we all strive to live our days as passionately as you did.


Family Photos


More beachtime.

1 comment:

MNFirefly said...

God bless Laura's soul. May your family be in peace now as she returns home.