Sunday, February 17, 2008

Get On The Bus, Gus

One week down....

Well, I've finished my first week at Target and I'm still looking for that comfort zone. It's weird being the new kid on the block but I'm quickly learning names - now if I could just place them with the right face I'll be all set! HA!

This week I begin the commute via public transportation. I have a Metropass and will be taking the bus from Chaska straight downtown. Pretty cool. As you may recall from an old post I used to sing on the bus when I was in 1st grade, much to the embarrassment of my sister, but this time I think I'll keep my melodic self in check. I can't promise that I won't be humming to myself, tho.

So I'll be taking the Southwest buses into downtown and, from what I hear, they are the nicest buses in the metro. I think they have a wet bar and a masseuse on board. How sweet is that?

I can't wait for it to get warmer out. I'm itching to get on my new bike. It's probably not the best for a century ride or a triathlon, but it looks cool. Click here for a pic.

Speaking of cycling - we went to a couple of spin classes with the Tahoe team and WOW is my butt not ready to be sitting on a bike seat for extended periods of time. It's going to take a few weeks to get those callouses built back up. The first spin class was tough but the SECOND one was even harder. It took have the class the first time for the old hind quarters to get sore but the discomfort was rather immediate at the second class.

Honestly, now WHY would you advertise this?!

In honor of my first day riding the bus, here are some songs you can enjoy:
"Another One Rides The Bus" - Weird Al Yankovic (Parody of "Another One Bites The Dust")
"Bus Rider" - The Guess Who
"Bus Station Blues" - John Lee Hooker
"Bus Stop" - The Hollies
"Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street?" - Bruce Springsteen
"I Missed The Bus" - Kriss Kross
"Kiss Me On The Bus" - The Replacements
"Magic Bus" - The Who
"Watin' For The Bus" - ZZ Top

You all have a great week. And watch the buses... you may see me.

No comments: