Monday, February 11, 2008

New Kid In Town

So, today was my first day at Target. The morning was spent in an orientation class, followed by lunch with my boss, and time meeting folks and getting a tour finished off the day. I'm really excited about this opportunity and everyone there seems really nice. Although it's much quieter there, but I'm not sure if it was because half the floor was gone in meetings.

During the orientation we were shown some cool videos on Target, including a montage of all the cool commercials they've had over the years. I do think Target has some of the best commercials out there and they're consistently good. As soon as the commercial starts you immediately know it's a Target ad. They do a great job with that.

This first week sounds like it's going to be relatively quiet and then next week I'll start working into some of the projects that are going on. My main problem is remembering names. I've never been the best at it and usually have to meet someone a dozen times before my brain makes that all-important face-to-name connection. I need to find out how to be better at that part.

As I think I've said in previous posts I'm not that well oriented for downtown skyway walking. The whole habitrail deal will take some getting used to. I parked about 5 blocks from my building today only because my orientation this morning was in a different Target building. I managed to only get confused a little on the way back to my car and only spent an additional few minutes walking outside because I went out the wrong door. But, when it's as cold as it is and with the wind whipping down the street I was a walking iceberg by the time I got to the parking garage.

All in all it was a good day. Not too stressful, was able to ease into it. We'll see how long that lasts....

No comments: