Thursday, March 1, 2007

Strike a Pose

Let's see what happens when I have some time to think about what I post. Usually there is a time limitation, trying to cram a post in when I've only got 10 minutes to do it. This could go well, or it could be a very painful process, like passing a kidney stone, which I hear is less than euphoric.

Gotta love this snow. Seriously. How sweet it is. As of about 5 PM we had 13.5" on the ground in Chaska and it's been snowing non-stop since. If this keeps up we should end up with close to 20" by the time it's all said and done. How awesome would that be?! The only thing that stinks about it right now is that they haven't been by to plow the street and driveways yet. Might not get to that until tomorrow, which will make going into work a non-event. Did that make sense? Anyhoo, I've had to help a couple neighbors get their cars unstuck and into their garages. Julie said "You're the one who loves this crap, get out there and help your neighbors!" No problem. I'm in snow heaven!!!

Happy Birthday to Gracie! We're not sure on her "exact" birthday so we decided March 1st would be good. She's lovin' the snow like her daddy. I mean that she loves snow as much as I do, not that she loves me and snow equally.

Went to the spin training with the cycle team last night. Wow, we were hurtin' from the night before which made for a long hour on the bike yesterday. Gotta get used to being in the saddle again. As Aerosmith says "I'm back in the saddle again, I'm BACK!" Speaking of Aerosmith, they must be just about the ugliest band on earth. Honestly, maybe that's how they all met, in the Ugly Club in high school. Not that I'm a looker like Woody Allen but MAN are they ugly. The Boston Celtics from the 1980's was an ugly group of gents as well. But I digress...

Ok, I didn't believe this story when I heard it on the radio on my way home from work the other day, but it's true. Unreal. Must be one of the funniest stories I've read in a while.

I was thinking of adding a "bit" to the blog and have people ask me a question and I'll answer it in a future post. Could be about anything, just try to keep it PG-13. If you have a question for me just leave it in a comment and I'll do my best to answer. We'll see where it goes, if anywhere.

I'm sure by now you've all seen the picture of Julie and I at the top of the page. Some of you have asked who the guy with his arms raised in the background is. Well, ok, no one has asked me but I'll tell you anyway. We have no idea who he is, but when we came back from our Sea Gull Century Ride he was in a LOT of our pictures, pretty much with the same pose. He's a very photogenic chap, tho. Actually, if I can be brutally honest, his name is Fred and he was on our cycle team. Great guy. Always with a smile on his face, compassion in his heart, and his arms in the air. Well, maybe not the arms part, but a jolly fella nonetheless. Hi Fred!

Best sandwich ever invented? Peanut butter and jelly. Jif Crunchy with Schmucker's Strawberry Preserves. A good variation would be Jif Crunchy with grape jam and potato chips in the middle of the sandwich. NOW we're talkin'! Julie prefers the peanut butter and Miracle Whip. Yikes. No thanks. Molson and Gracie prefer kibble with gravy. Wow this is exciting.

Well, that's enough for today. I don't want you guys to get drunk on my brilliant literary style. Yeah, I know, that doesn't make sense either.

1 comment:

MNFirefly said...

Pat, I have a better sandwich for you....and I usually get it a PB Loco at MOA: Dark Chocolate PB, bananas, chocolate chips, (if I am in the mood) and marshmellow cream...YUMMMMMMY!