Saturday, March 10, 2007

All In

Today we had a "Breakfast of Champions" at the Hopkins VFW for our TNT participants and honorees. The mentors, coaches and staff cooked pancakes and we all learned about patient services, heard from a doctor about advancements in research, and heard from one of our honoree's mothers about how dealing with a blood cancer has affected their lives. It was a great and informative event. The VFW guy who was working while we were there gave us a tip on making our pancakes: whatever the mix calls for regarding water, cut that amount in half and replace it with beer. The result? Great, fluffy, yummy pancakes! Who'da thunk?! File that in your recipe repository...

Went an played poker last night with a friend of mine and his friends. Played Texas Hold'em and I did pretty good considering it was only the 3rd time I've played "live" poker. There were 11 guys playing and I finished in 3rd place! Such a cool game.

Sunday we're going to a spin class in the morning with the Tahoe team. That should be good as I need to work off all the pancakes I had this morning. I really hate this weekend as I don't like losing an hour of sleep. Ok, maybe "hate" is a strong word - let's just say I really dislike losing the sleep, but really like it in the fall when we gain that hour back. I think we hit 50 degrees today and it was beautiful outside. The snow is quickly melting although there is still a ways to go. It takes a while to melt about 2 feet of snow! All this warmth tho is really making us want to get the bikes out. Can't wait to do that!

I think that's it for tonight. Tired and heading to bed. Chat with ya' on the flip side.

1 comment:

Kimmi said...

I want to ride! I want to ride! This weather is not making spin classes tougher to attend as I want to be on the roads!