Friday, December 21, 2007

You Can Eat If I'm Smart Enough

So, are you ready for Christmas? I can't believe it's only a few days away and 2008 is around the corner. It's also hard to believe that we're this close to being done with the first decade in the new millennium - it seems like only yesterday we were partying like it's 1999.

I've been noticeably absent from blogging lately and I'm going to blame that on the rush and busyness of the holiday season. We STILL don't have our Christmas cards out although I think we're done with shopping for the most part. And I don't think I've listened to one Christmas song on the radio yet - I've been avoiding it, not because I'm a Scrooge but perhaps more because I've been on a real Bruce kick in the car over the last few weeks.

Speaking of Holiday music, here is a link that will test your knowledge of Holiday songs. I think I got around 72% and Julie scored 88%. How do you fare?

Another link that was sent to me this week is here and it tests your knowledge regarding the meaning of words. For added pressure, each one you get correct will result in 20 grains of rice being donated through the United Nations to help end world hunger. It's a cool quiz but it's also scary to know that some poor child is relying on my brain power for sustenance. As my good buddy Forest would say - "I'm not a smart man."

You ever try to inconspicuously sniff your own armpits to make sure you don't stink? I think if you have THIS it will help you to do it without others noticing.

Julie got me a book the other night that contains the 1,001 albums you must hear before you die. Too cool. I haven't had time to thumb through it yet but I'll be curious to see how many I've already heard. My guess is not that many, although I did quickly check out Bruce and he has 5 albums in there. Most excellent.

I was listening to the radio yesterday and they were interviewing a guy who wrote a column saying in essence that Santa being overweight sends the wrong message to children and is another factor in them being overweight themselves. What?! I can honestly say I've never looked at Santa and said "I want to be fat just like him!" The guy wants to see thin Santas from now on. Whatever.

If I'm not able to post again before jolly old FAT St. Nick comes to visit we hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

No comments: