Sunday, December 9, 2007

Wii Wanna Rock!

After many, many months of watching and waiting as the new highway was being built it was finally opened on Friday! The new 212, or 312, or whatever they decide to call it goes from Eden Prairie out to 41 in Chaska now. As Kimmi says so eloquently - WOOT! WOOT!

This has already saved us sooooo much time. What normally would have been a 40-minute drive to Lake Calhoun took us less than 25 minutes. Awesome. Now the real test will come this morning as we drive into work. Julie always gives me a hard time because I've got such a short commute and it just got even shorter. HA! Anyway, we're super psyched about the new highway - geeked even!

On Saturday night Julie and I were introduced to an addictive game - Guitar Hero III - at a party at a friend's house. Of course we've seen the game being sold in just about every store we go in and we really didn't know too much about it. Now, we do. Quite frankly I didn't think much of it, even when I first was watching J-Flo jam out to Foghat's "Slow Ride", but once I strapped on the "guitar" it quickly became quite addictive.

Julie was giving it her best shot as Pat Benatar while I was showing my personality on a Living Colour song. We've never really owned any kind of gaming console like an Xbox or Wii, although we did have a Sega Genesis game system once. We never really got into the whole gaming thing, but this Wii systems is pretty cool and I could easily see getting addicted to it.

So if you haven't played Guitar Hero III I recommend giving it a shot. You'll be a rock start before you know it.

1 comment:

Bryon said...

That Guitar Hero game gave me Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I was given a therapy plan to relieve the swelling and pain. It so happens to be repeated lifting of a full pint glass or larger of BEER!!