Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 - The Year That Was

Here is a list of the highlights or more interesting items of 2007, in no particular order, and some perhaps only interesting to me.

Life Time Fitness Triathlon
Of course the big accomplishment of 2007 for Julie and I was the completion of the Olympic distance of the Life Time Fitness Triathlon - our first triathlon. Going in we were both particularly worried about the swim but Safety Bob gave us some one-on-one coaching and before we knew it we were almost looking like we knew what we were doing! Thanks Bob!

Lake Tahoe
Julie was the staff person for the 2007 Tahoe cycle team and our time in Tahoe (and throughout the training for that matter) was a lot of fun. Tahoe is a beautiful place to visit if you get the chance.

San Francisco
For the fall season Julie was staff for the Nike Women's Marathon & Half Marathon teams. Another group of great people went to this year's event - the biggest yet. We had some 8,000 folks attending the Pasta Party! I think the smiles were there for the whole weekend, which went by way too fast.

New Friends
We made soooo many new friends in 2007, mainly through TNT. What an amazing program it is - not only do you get to help a worthy cause but you also meet some incredible people. I won't dare list names here as I'd be sure to leave someone out, but just be assured that we appreciate all of you. 2008 is going to be such an awesome year! We're glad we'll be able to hang with most of you again next year and make many new memories.

Chuck the Chicken
This year Chuck the Chicken made his debut and it wasn't pretty. He has lived his short life to the fullest, that's for sure. I know, I know - part 3 of his story will come in the next few days - I promise! If you still haven't read the first two parts of his story click here for part 1 and here for part 2. Go Chuck!

Music
Some of the musical stuff I enjoyed in 2007: Shiny Toy Guns, song "Le Disko"; Tegan & Sara, song "Back In Your Head"; Bruce Springsteen, album "Magic"; Amy Winehouse, song "I'm No Good"; Justin Timberlake, song "What Goes Around... Comes Around"; Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, song "Killing The Blues"; The Fratellis, song "Flathead"; Fergie, song "Big Girls Don't Cry"; Finger Eleven, song "Paralyzer"; plus I'm sure many others I'm not thinking of.

Random Bits of This and That
- "Don't tase me bro!" - University of Florida student (term used lightly) Andrew Meyer
- It was nice to get some decent snow fall in December this year. Let's hope it continues!
- "In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country." - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Yeah, right.
- The sight of myself in skin-tight spandex should be something no other human should see. If you were one of the unfortunate ones I sincerely apologize.
- The new TV show "The Big Bang Theory" was hilarious. Let's hope the writer's strike ends soon.
- I'll never feel comfortable going to the bathroom in public for fear of sending the wrong signals. At least my stance isn't too wide - at least I don't think so.

It was a great 2007. Here's looking to 2008!

1 comment:

Bryon said...

More Chuck the Chicken!!