Monday, May 7, 2007

Very Finch-Like

Ok, in a previous post "Mr. Saturday Night Special" I had a link to a video that I didn't create correctly. I believe I've figured it out and you can go to that post and click the link or click here to watch the video. It may take a minute to download and hopefully you'll feel it's worth the wait. After it downloads it will open up in Windows Media Player. Enjoy!

Julie and I took tonight off, a much needed break. I'm just posting quickly before "Two And A Half Men" comes on. Great show. By the way, I never know when to italicize a title and when to put it in quotes. I used to know that stuff and I'm sure my 8th grade English teacher would be shaking his head at me right about now. Let's give a shout out to Mr. Weiss!!

I found a couple stories that were rather interesting. The first one comes from the Star Tribune and is an article about a man who ran for sheriff in a small Wisconsin town. Not so much of a story, right? Well, it just so happens that before he started campaigning he changed his name to Andy Griffith, yes, as in that lovable sheriff from Mayberry. Check out the story for all the details.

The second story comes from Norfolk where a student was suspended for two days and is required to go to drug and alcohol counseling because she gave a fellow student a Tylenol. These zero tolerance rules are ridiculous.

We had some birds visiting the bird feeder that Julie got me for my birthday! I didn't think to take a picture but I think they were yellow finches. Of course, I'm not Jungle Jack Hannah so I could be all wet on this one. But they were yellow and very finch-like in nature, so I'm going to stick with it.

Heading off to watch some TV, chill out, and hopefully get to bed early. I always say that but for some reason...

No comments: