Tuesday, April 24, 2007

We're The Cool, Fun People!

Last night we had another really good swim. We met Coach Bob, Misty from the Tahoe team (who has also signed up to do the Life Time Tri - go Misty!), and Joanna, wife of Jason who is also on the Tahoe team. Everyone did great and worked really hard. By the end of our nearly hour-and-a-half of training we swam around 1,200 meters! We're now feeling good about our stroke and just need to do some fine tuning, some more drill work, and increase our endurance.

We met at the Life Time in Burnsville, which has to be one of the worst clubs we've been in, mainly due to how it's laid out and the pool water was less than pleasing. That said, it still isn't as bad as the Bally's we've been in, but it's definitely not as nice as the LTF in Chan. Maybe we're just spoiled by the fact that the Chan LTF is a newer facility. Either way, we're glad it's in our neck of the woods!

Tonight we'll go running. Julie is doing a great job on her running and I'm trying to work through the shin splints. Last weekend was the first time out since I started seeing the chiropractor and I noticed a huge improvement already. I'm still supposed to go at 50% for the next couple of weeks, but by then Julie will be so far ahead of me I won't be able to catch up!

I've changed our "Training Tracker" (right side of the page) from time in the pool to meters swam. I'm also going to go back and include the training that we've done since the beginning of the season and update everything accordingly. Hopefully I can get that done in the next week. I'll add it to my list of things to do.... ;-)

This Sunday is the Lakeville Ironman bike ride. I believe they have rides of 30, 60 and 100 miles. Julie and I will be working the TNT tent so stop by and say hello if you get the chance. Come on out and do the ride as well! If you're a past TNT participant wear your TNT garb and show that TNT spirit! We'll have a lot of past and present TNTer's out there so watch for us! We're the cool, fun people!!

No comments: