Thursday, April 5, 2007

All That Junk Inside Your Trunk

Last night Julie and I went to Life Time and did some laps in the pool. It's encouraging as each time we go we feel like we're getting a little closer. One of our goals for the month of April is to be able to swim 4 laps without stopping, which we were able to do last night fairly easily. One thing we'll do next time, tho, is time ourselves on how long that takes us to try to get an idea on what our pace is. We were discussing it last night and we think it should take 30-45 minutes for the swim portion of our event so it will be interesting to see how long it would take us at our current pace. I'm guessing it would be closer to an hour but I know we'll only get faster the more we train.

On the fundraising side things are starting to pick up a little. We're both a little over half-way to our minimum fundraising amount but are still just under half-way to our goal of $5,000. We are giving away a free TNT cookbook with every donation of $50 or more which has helped secure a few donations. We'll also be doing some additional fundraisers in the next few months. We're still collecting old cell phones so if you have any to donate please send them our way! Thanks!

....

Even though it doesn't feel like spring right now (wind chills this morning are around zero) it's exciting to see the baseball season now underway. The Tigers had an eight-run inning in yesterday's game and managed to hold on for the victory, 10-9. This should be and fun season as the American League Central is arguably the best division in baseball. Hopefully I'll be able to catch the Tigers a few times this year when they visit the Twins.

....

It must be spring break for one of the schools this week. As I said, Julie and I were at Life Time last night and there were teenagers in the pool and hanging out in the hot tubs, which I thought was rather interesting. It was obviously a planned thing, but I don't recall being that age and everyone deciding to go hang out at the YMCA. Although, I wasn't necessarily part of the "in" crowd, so who knows. Maybe the cool kids did go hang out there. It's always funny to watch kids at that age, especially the boys. The girls pretty much just talk to themselves while the boys stand there flexing their muscles and trying not to be obvious that they're checking out the girls. Oh, one day they'll be old like me and won't be flexing muscles but will be holding in their guts as they walk around the pool...

....

Ok, I heard about this video being on YouTube when I was in the car last night and they played part of it and I thought it was one of the funniest things I've heard in quite a while, and the video is even funnier. Alanis Morissette has a cover of "My Humps" by Black Eyed Peas which is brilliant. It makes it painfully obvious how incredibly stupid the lyrics are these days to most of the music out there. You've gotta check it out.

No comments: