Sunday, April 29, 2007

Just A Little Off The Top

It's the end of a long weekend. We didn't get a lot done as far as training in concerned, we just did around 1,100 meters in the pool on Friday night. Saturday the girls got baths and trimmed, and Saturday night Julie trimmed me - my hair that is! We purchased a set of clippers and Julie did a pretty good job of giving me a hair cut! A couple stray hairs here and there but overall she did a really good job. Needless to say there was hair everywhere!

Sunday was another very long day. As you know, the Lakeville Ironman Bike Ride was today, and Julie and I got there around 7:30 AM. We set up the TNT tent and started chatting with potential, current, and past TNT participants. Julie left for a few hours to go to another TNT event for the Nike Women's Marathon and I stayed to hold down the tent, literally. It was a breezy day and we didn't have anything to hold the tent down with (we were on the parking lot so the stakes wouldn't work) so most of the time was standing there holding on to a leg. Around 4:30 PM we tore down and met some TNT folks at Old Chicago for some pizza and beer (and water) and then headed home for some much needed R&R. I definitely go some sun as I'm now sporting a farmer tan, or more appropriately, a sun burn. It was worth it tho as we got some good leads on future TNT folks. Tonight will definitely be an early night - we're both exhausted.

Prior to logging on and updating the blog I spent some time on YouTube. What a great site. I found some very moving videos regarding our armed forces which definitely brought a tear to my eye. What an amazing sacrifice they make! May God continue to bless them.

It's a short post tonight. We hope you all had a great weekend and were able to get outside. For those of you out of state, we had a high in the mid 70's on Saturday and mid 80's today. Gorgeous weather.

I hope you all have a great week. Take care.

No comments: