Monday, November 19, 2007

Put the Message in the Box

I heard about this story (which you can read about here) on the radio earlier today and I had to look it up on line. Here's the deal.

A Boy Scout troop in Cambridge, MA, put collection boxes at all the polling locations on election day. The purpose of the collection boxes was to gather donations for the troops currently fighting in Iraq. Apparently ONE person called to complain that the boxes were making a political statement which is illegal to do. What political statement was being made?

Now, I think it goes without saying that Massachusetts is a very liberal state, not much of a stretch there. This is one thing I don't like about the left - they continually say they support the troops but then turn around and do something like this. How is deciding you want to send a care package to the troops in Iraq or Afghanistan becoming something other than that?

Let's face it - you can't say you support the troops and then deny people from sending care packages? Otherwise, how are you supporting them? Ridiculous.

Sorry for the short post but I wanted to get this story out there. I'm heading off to bed.

No comments: