Monday, November 5, 2007

It's Been Such a Long Time

Where the heck have we been? It's been a long couple of weeks and I've finally got a few minutes to post. Let's see if I can make it interesting...

Things have been crazy at work. Not only am I doing my job but I'm also doing the job of a co-worker who is on maternity leave. For the last two weeks I've been fighting with my laptop and it's been winning. It finally got to a point where the folks in IT had to bring me a desktop computer in hopes I could get stuff done while we try to rehabilitate my laptop. The results have been 50/50 so far and the days continue to be long.

This past Friday I went with TNTer's Suzanne and Mike along with Mike's wife Karen to the Springsteen concert in St. Paul. This was I believe the 6th time I've seen Bruce and I'm said to say it was my least favorite show - much below the normal Bruce standards. Suzanne thought the show was fantastic but she didn't have past shows to compare it to. Don't get me wrong, it was still a good show but it lacked the energy and intensity of the typical Springsteen & the E Street Band concert.

Saturday night some friends of ours (sisters Melinda and Mikala) had a beer bash/fundraiser at Bootlegger's downtown. We had a blast hanging with them and catching up with some of the alumni from the past season. It was our first time to Bootlegger's and the only thing it lacked was a kitchen. A place like that needs good bar food. Also, there was a waitress there who looked EXACTLY like Tracey Gold from Growing Pains. Dead ringer.

OK, maybe running in Minnesota in the middle of winter isn't that bad... It could be worse.

Well, my brain is mush. Watch for the ongoing adventures of Chuck the Chicken Part 2 in a future post.

Goodnight.

No comments: