Friday, September 28, 2007

You've Got a Skillet, All Right

Happy Friday! I do like it when Friday comes but that means another week has gone by. Where does the time go? The year is just FLYING by!

Last night was the "travel meeting" for the Twin Cities Marathon team. Everyone is excited about the event and you could feel the anticipation in the air. One of our participants came up to Coach Mike and I and told us she was sick and wasn't certain if she'll be able to do her 10-mile run this weekend. She asked if that would cause her harm for the marathon if she didn't do her 10 miles this weekend, knowing that she's already done 20 miles twice. Of course, it wouldn't impact her marathon but we had to give her a hard time. We told her she might as well just forget about the marathon... All that hard for for naught. HA!

So, do you ever wonder how they make toilet paper and get it on the roll? The paper is wrapped tight but not so tight as to tear at the perforations. And then a small amount of glue (or other substance) is put at the end of the role to keep it from unraveling and yet that glue (or other substance) doesn't seep through any more layers than it's supposed to. How do they do that?

Tomorrow a bunch of us are going to the OSU/Minnesota game. Should be a TON of fun! Hopefully the Bucks will win easily. I'm really looking forward to it as this will be my first Buckeye game. GO BUCKS!!!!

I've really been on this kick lately listening to "Rock Lobster" by the B-52's. Not sure why, really. It's on a cd I have in the car and for the last few days going back and forth to work I've pretty much only played that song... repeatedly. Great song, but why I can't seem to get enough of it I don't know.

Ok, maybe I don't know enough about the species, but how do they go to the bathroom?

So a woman I work with has a daughter who is a senior in high school this year. Her daughter wants to attend Duke University and become a doctor. The undergraduate tuition with room and board would be $46,000 per year! Unreal. I have to seriously ask is it worth it? Does Duke really give you that much of an advantage to warrant such ridiculous tuition rates? I can't believe that it does. Do you know what school your doctor attended or do you look at that when you're deciding where to get treatment? I have to think for 90% of the population it doesn't matter.

Can you guess which one is me?

If you won a lot of money I'm sure you'd do the same thing. I mean, come on, isn't it obvious?

So, as a kid, I'd listen to Billy Joel's "Piano Man" and sing a long, just like everyone else. It wasn't until I was in high school that I thought about what I was singing and figured it couldn't be right. The last line in the chorus is "and you've got us feelin' alright". And I don't know why I thought "and you've got a skillet, all right" wasn't correct...

Have an oh-so-fab weekend! And GO BUCKS!!!!

No comments: