Sunday, September 23, 2007

Are You An Iron Girl?

Julie and the rest of the TNT ladies successfully completed the Iron Girl this morning in Bloomington! The weather was just about perfect (a couple of windy spots that Julie didn't care for - Better than Sea Gull!) for a race as it didn't get overly hot until everyone was done. Congrats to all the Iron Girls!

One thing that surprised me about the Iron Girl was the relative lack of fan support. I think all the TNT folks were adequately represented but I found it interesting (and somewhat disappointing) that there weren't more fans out supporting the rest of the athletes. The transition area wasn't that big for spectators so I had anticipated difficulty in finding good spots to cheer Julie and the girls on but it wasn't an issue at all. Hopefully next year will have better support. Thanks to all that came out to support the TNT ladies! They appreciate it!

***************************************************************

This is one tough granny!

***************************************************************

Two weeks until the Twin Cities Marathon. Whoops, I mean the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon. We'll have roughly 50 TNT folks participating on the current TCM team plus I'm sure more than a few alumni who are doing it on their own. Julie is staffing the event this year so I'll be out and about that day going from one cheering station to the next.

One thing we're looking to do is rope off a couple of large areas - one at the finish area and one around our cheer station at about mile 23. I need to come up with an inexpensive and easy way to rope off the areas. If you have any suggestions please let me know!

There are a few areas where you can come and cheer with other TNT folks that morning. Any support we can give to these marathoners and fundraisers would be much appreciated. Hope to see you out there!

**************************************************************
Here is a picture of my mom nudging me out of the house for my first day of kindergarten.

**************************************************************

Well, that's it for tonight. I'm off to bed. Adios!

No comments: