Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Laugh, Think and Cry

I’m more of a Space Doughboy than Space Cowboy.

Saw Jimmy V’s speech that he gave at the 1983 Espys this morning. Apparently it was 7 weeks before he passed, but by watching him you’d never know he was that sick. What a great and inspirational speech. If you’ve never seen it in its entirety you should definitely check it out. You can find it here.

I don’t know that I’d want to be the King of Pop. Now, the King of Candy? I’d take that. Or the King of Ice Cream? Definitely. Plus, I think it would be annoying to walk around wearing only one glove.

Speaking of gloves.

I think Rhoda would be a good name for a girl. Put that with the middle name Dendron and I think you’re on to something there. Rhoda Dendron. Yeah, that passes the sniff test.

Ice cream is wonderful. I was thinking yesterday that if I opened an ice cream shop to take on Dairy Queen I’d have “King” in the name of it. After all, kings beat queens. The problem was coming up with a good name. Kream of the King? King’s Kustard? I’ll have to keep working on that.

What fun summer song has got your little butt movin’ this year?

Actually, I would hope that kings wouldn’t beat queens. No one should be in an abusive relationship. Or in a relationship with Gary Busey. No one should be in a Busey relationship either.

Do trees get sad in the fall when they start losing their leaves? Do they get afraid that they’re dying? Do trees that don’t lose leaves tease the other trees for being bald? And then I’m sure they get a bunch of attitude from the evergreen trees – “People LOVE us. They bring us into their homes in the winter and decorate us. We’re the awesomest.” I hope the bald trees remind them that no one likes an arrogant tree.

You ever look at how fast a drive shaft spins? How in the heck does it not just spin apart? Pretty cool.

Why do they certify that a car was pre-owned? I can tell as soon as I sit in one that it’s not new. You don’t need to give a certificate telling me it’s pre-owned. Now, if you’re going to tell me that the car was previously owned by someone awesome and cool, like Herb Tarlick, that would be cool to certify.

Have you seen her? Tell me, have you seen her?

You gotta believe Herb Tarlick was teased as a kid. I mean, look at those suits.

2 comments:

M said...

holy cow. that is more random then it has ever been! Well done :). and the fun summer song that has my head boppin' this summer is: Jump! by the Movement! Julie reminded me about this little gem yesterday and now it has been stuck in my head all day!!

sam2012world said...

follow my blog and i will follow yours.