Thursday, September 4, 2008

Women of Iron

So much to blog on and I haven’t had the time to do it lately, and I’m not sure how much uninterrupted time I’ll have here so this may be short despite my best efforts.

Item 1: We have two dear friends who will be completing the Iron Man in Madison this Sunday. Unfortunately, we won’t be there to cheer them on in person but we plan to follow them on line. Kim and Rachel are both TNT alumni and awesome people. It’s amazing to think they’ll be swimming 2.4 miles, biking 112 miles, and then running a full marathon!!! Incredible. You go girls!! And smile for the camera and wave to us when you cross the finish line. I’m going to try and figure out how to record you crossing the finish line on my computer so you can see what we see. It was cool watching Bob cross last year, but we missed Mike. If the rest of you out there would like to follow along just visit www.ironmanlive.com and watch the live webcast. Too cool.

Item 2: Did you watch Sarah Palin’s speech last night? Wow. She has really impressed me in so many ways. I think it’s really going to be an interesting election this year and a close contest.

Item 3: Julie will be completing the Iron Girl Duathlon on Sunday, September 21st here in Bloomington. She is still short of her fundraising goal. If you would like to donate please visit her TNT site listed at the right. You can come cheer her on as well. The site for the event is http://www.irongirl.com/Events/Bloomington.htm. You can also support Julie’s fundraising efforts by buying dinner tickets to our annual Gasthoff dinner and silent auction which will be held on Sunday, September 14th. Tickets are $25 each and include an all-you-can-eat German dinner buffet. Great deal, great items to bid on, great cause. You can email me at patrickgibsontnt@gmail.com if you’d like tickets.

Item 4: Julie and I headed out for some outdoor fun this passed weekend and she snapped this picture of me. What fun!

Item 5: I can’t believe we’re already into September. Where the heck did the summer go? It’s already getting cooler out and the days really seem to be getting shorter. This year has just flown by.

Lyric of the Day (for our future Iron Man finishers):
“I rolled on as the sky grew dark
I put the pedal down to make some time
There’s something good waiting down this road
I’m picking up whatever is mine” – “Runnin’ Down a Dream”, Tom Petty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"TURTLE!!!"

Ms. R said...

..and this post was all a guise! I'm STILL so excited you guys were there!! Trickery at it's best. Thank you!!!!!