Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Dear Friends, New Links

Thanks to everyone who has offered their congratulations to my decision to do an Ironman, and thanks to those who think I’m crazy. I think the jury is still out and the truth is probably somewhere in between.

I’ve made some changes to the blog, mainly with the addition of several new blogs which are now linked to the right. These are all very good friends and fellow TNT alum who have been blogging for a while but I haven’t taken the time to link them. Very entertaining blogs that are worth the read.

We have Marc whom I first met last year when he signed up for the Lake Tahoe century ride through TNT. He’d be the first to say he’s a big man, but will also be the first to tell you he’s getting smaller! He completed that century ride, has since done the San Diego Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon, and has begun to train for his triathlon, which will make him a fellow triple crowner! As you’ll see TNT has changed his life as it has for so many of us. He’s an inspiration to say the least.

We also now have Jon linked. He joined TNT I believe back in 2006 when he trained and completed the Phoenix Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon. He’s since moved on to triathlons and I believe a century ride is soon in his future – right Jon? A dry sense of humor and smashing good looks - much like me. Check him out as well.

Kris’ blog is also now linked. Kris has done many events with TNT, most recently the Lake Tahoe century ride this past June. Or was it Life Time in July? Or the Twin Cities Marathon coming up in 3 weeks? You get the point. She’s a TNT and endurance event addict, and has signed up to do the Ironman Wisconsin in 2009, so you can follow her struggles and victories as she makes the Ironman journey. Another dear friend.

Misty. Boy, how do I describe Misty? She’s a freaking ball of energy, a tremendous spirit, a wicked sense of humor, a big heart, a hockey player and a black belt. I’m sure I left out some stuff, but if you’ve met her you’ll know how hard it is to nail this woman down. She also first joined TNT in 2007 for the Lake Tahoe Century Ride and has since become a coach for the cycling program. She’s now training for her first marathon which will be in Phoenix in January. She wears her heart on her sleeve and on her blog, so be sure to check her out as well. Oh, and she’s single. :-)

They’re all fantastic people and dear friends to Julie and me. I know I’ve probably mentioned this a million times on the pages of this blog, but the people we’ve met through TNT have become the dearest of friends. Rarely, very rarely, do you meet someone through this program that you wouldn’t want to hang out with, to lean on, to call “friend”. If you’ve ever considered doing an endurance event through TNT I promise you that you’ll get out of it way more than you put in. It’s not even close.

1 comment:

Jon said...

I'd argue with you if I could, but when you're right, you're right. ;)