Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Old School

The decision to complete an Ironman has pretty much dominated any down time I’ve had over the last couple weeks. As Kimmi can attest that’s been the main crux of our conversations since she crossed that finish line in Madison. But, for those that don’t get it or don’t particularly want to hear about it in another post I’ll try to avoid the subject today. I don’t, however, make any promises.

We purchased a new camera on Friday. We got the Nikon D80 after going back and forth between that and the Canon Rebel XSi. We went to National Camera after work and less than half way through the conversation with the salesman Julie had already glazed over and I’m sure was contemplating ways to extract herself from the situation.

I think we exhausted just about every possible combination of lens and camera body before settling in on our (or my) decision. Cost was the main factor in the decision but I know I couldn’t go wrong either way, which helped.

So, the next time you see me I may have the new toy in hand, and will probably attempt to take your picture without you knowing as I often do. So be prepared, and try to clean yourself up a little. Any bad pictures I’ve ever taken are never MY fault. HA!

The bus has definitely gotten much busier over the last couple months. Sometimes it’s standing room only so I try to catch the bus at one of the first stops downtown on the way home so I get my pick of seats in which to be trapped for the 30 minute ride home. I need my space, people!!!

Julie has her Iron Girl Duathlon this Sunday in Bloomington. She is ready to rock it. She’s been going to a new clinic/chiropractor that is really helping her with the aches and pains she’s had during training. I believe I’ll be going there soon as well to have them help me with my shin splints and other aggravations.

But back to my point, if you’re looking for something to do Sunday morning and you have that uncontrollable itch to scream and dress in wacky clothing (not optional!!) then stop down and cheer our girl on! She’d love to have you.

Julie ordered us some trainers and they were delivered this week. Sweet! Now we can train on our own bikes this winter. We’ll be converting the basement bedroom into a spin room and equipping it with a TV/DVD so we can watch Spinerval DVDs. I hear they can be tough workouts.

Check out this post from Jon’s blog about his daughter. What an amazing girl, or, as Jon says, an amazing little lady.

Give me your thoughts? Do you like the random posts or the more personal, more in-depth posts? Just curious.

Lyric of the Day:
“Stood alone on a mountain top starin’ out at the great divide
I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide
Just then I saw a young hawk flyin’ and my soul began to rise
And pretty soon my heart was singin’” – “Roll Me Away”, Bob Seger

P.S. One of my favorite songs of all time. Awesome.

2 comments:

Jon said...

Stick with the randomness with a random deep thought thrown in randomly.

Anonymous said...

I like them both. A good combination is the best. But, whatever you blog, I enjoy it. Nice "shout out" to your TNT friends this week. Nice job. They deserve it. And, congrats again on the commitment to be the next ironman! you go, boy.