Friday, October 12, 2007

For All the Little People

Happy Friday!

Leslie Ecklund, a TNT alumni and great friend, has started her own line of chic handbags and was just in the Macy's "Distinction in Design" competition. She started this as a fundraiser when she was training for Tahoe earlier this year and it's really taking off for her. A portion of her proceeds benefit the Society as well as other charities so please check out her stuff! Her website is here and an article on the Star Tribune website featuring her can be found here. I've also added her to my growing list of links to the right. Way to go Leslie!

Last night we had the travel meeting for our runners and walkers heading out to San Francisco to complete the Nike Women's Marathon or Half Marathon. Everyone is excited and nervous. Event weekends are such an amazing experience - even though I've been to quite a few I still get excited about it. All the work these people put into training and fundraising all pays off at event weekend. There's nothing like crossing that finish line knowing what you've done not only for yourself but for those battling cancer. It really makes your heart fill with pride and we just love being there to help others experience the same feelings. GO TEAM!!!

I had a glimpse of my future and this is what I saw.

So a few of us were having a discussion recently about what their earliest memories are as a child. The average was around age 4 as being as far back as people had vivid memories. For me it was age 3. I distinctly remember sitting on the floor playing with my friend Ann. We were playing with Little People but I don't remember much beyond that until age 5 when kindergarten started. And it was the classic, original Little People. Nothing beats the original. Ann had the barn which would make a "moooo" sound when you opened it. Way cool.

Don't ever think you're too old to make a contribution to society. Just look at what these nice folks are doing. It gives Julie and I something to look forward to 40 years from now.

You all have a great weekend!

No comments: