Thursday, May 22, 2008

My Tinctured Egress

Wow, has it been crazy. Does anyone even bother to come to this blog anymore? Well, I guess I’ll find out. If you still check this on a regular or somewhat regular basis then I apologize for your wasted time and thank you for still showing an interest. It has been WAAAYYY too long. I promise to update more often.

I can’t really come up with any other reason for it having been so long other than I’ve been either very busy or sick. I had been writing my posts while on the bus (which is what I’m doing now) but I’ve been using that time lately to get caught up on other things, including sleep. Although I don’t sleep on the bus - perhaps just “rest the eyes” - but it does seem to help.

We kicked off the fall season last week. This year Julie has the Twin Cities Marathon and the Dublin Marathon. So cool. We have an incredible team assembled for Dublin – awesome people who are a blast to hang out with. Like I was telling the other TNT folk this is going to be an event that will be talked about for a long time. If you haven’t signed up yet I strongly urge you to. It’s going to be great! And it’s in DUBLIN!!!

When you were in grade school did you have something on your playground that looked like a big funnel on top of a pole? There would be 4 or 5 chutes coming out of the bottom of the funnel, each numbered and a different color. You and your friends would each stand under one of the chutes and then throw a basketball or playground ball into the top of the funnel and see who’s chute it would come out of – or out of who’s chute the ball would come – or anticipate the emergence of the sphere whilst gazing upon your pre-chosen enumerated, tinctured egress tube. Where was I going with this?

Lyric of the day: “Did you ever read about a frog who dreamed of bein’ a king… and then became one? Well, except for the names and a few other changes, if you talk about me, the story’s the same one.” – “I Am… I Said”, Neil Diamond

No comments: