Wednesday, May 28, 2008

All The World Loves Alice

Short post – mind is blank…

One of the coolest things is to see the sun poking through the clouds off in the distance. You can see the rays of sun flowing down beneath the clouds. Pretty cool.

Torrential – I like that word. And Poppycock.

I think the bus couple (the “buple”) is a couple no more. She hasn’t been on the bus for close to a month now, but he still rides. A couple of months ago I thought I saw her one morning running from her car to his so they could sit together waiting for the bus. They definitely seemed to be “together” but I don’t think they are married to each other. Hmmmm, I say.

Bernie Taupin wrote nearly all the lyrics for Elton John’s songs while Elton wrote the music. Obviously, they are one of the best songwriting duos over the last 40 years. I wonder, tho, if Elton ever writes lyrics, or if Bernie ever writes music. I also am curious if the words come first (which I think they do in most cases) and, if so, does Bernie ever listen to the finished song and think “I never imagined that song as a ballad” or “Those were great lyrics and the music stinks!” Just curious.

Lyric of the Day: “Don’t discard me” – “Don’t Let the Sun Go Down On Me”, Elton John

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey.......You two "ROCK" ;-)