Monday, July 2, 2007

Mama Don't Take My Kodachrome Away

Man, is there a lot going on the world lately. I'll avoid getting too political, but I'm sure there will be some good columns appearing tomorrow that will deal with recent issues better than I. Perhaps tomorrow's post will have some links of interest.

So, a quick little story. One of the first times Julie and I met Suzanne Gilbert was a couple years ago at a Christmas fundraiser. We were at one of the local malls wrapping presents for donations and we happened to be working the same shift as Suzanne. Little did we know the impact she would have on our lives from that point on.

One of the first things Suzanne said was that we needed a mascot, someone to stand outside our little store front and get people to come in to get their presents wrapped. For some reason she was able to determine that I was the best candidate for the job and she proceeded to make an entire outfit out of boxes, wrapping paper, and bows.

From that point on Suzanne has repeatedly wanted to dress me up in some costume or another, all for the cause. I think she has some childhood issues she's working out - perhaps I'm the doll she never had, or the younger sibling she didn't get the chance to do this with. Whatever the case, it's never a surprise when we see each other that she has something for me to wear, and a few weeks ago at her garage sale was no different.

Julie and I had been at her sale for all of 2 minutes when Suzanne informs me that she has just the thing for me to wear - a must have. Of course, being the good sport I am I had not issues with putting on the jacket she brought to me, even though it WAS a woman's jacket.

For reasons of self-humiliation, or self-loathing, or whatever the reason, I have decided to post the picture she took of me on the blog. Below is a picture of that fateful day. It should be mentioned that it only looks like I'm striking a pose - I'm actually trying to stretch my back. Buying it? Didn't think so...

Hopefully you get some mild amusement from the photo. Enjoy.



1 comment:

Kimmi said...

I remember that fateful day, and I definitely remember you striking that pose! Lies do no become you Patrick!!